The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This is a temporary SUMMER POSITION starting May/June 2013 not to exceed 30 September 2013.
The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army-owned and -operated manufacturing center located in New York. It is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations in 1813. Today it is relied upon by U.S. and foreign militaries to produce the most advanced, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. The Arsenal is the only location in the DoD that has a weapons research facility (Benét Laboratories) collocated with a manufacturing facility (Arsenal).
WHO MAY APPLY:
Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) eligibles
Involuntarily Separated Military (ISMP) eligibles
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
In a patron usage facility, circulate among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receive and resolve customer complaints; provide information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery.
Assist patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc.
Plan, conduct, publicize and arrange support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions. May provide work guidance to other staff.
Work experience which involved dealing with the general public.
Conditions of Employment :
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Medical Examination will be required along with proof of immunizations.
7. Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
8. You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
9. Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at time of application.
10. Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted. 12. Applicants who claim Veterans Preference must upload/submit their DD-214.
11. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
12. Multiple positions may be filled utilizing this vacancy announcement.
13. All selectees must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) as a condition of employment. DA Forms may be accessed at: http/www.cpol.army.mil/library/naf/jobkit/NAF-jobkit.pdf.
14. Must be able to work all shifts to include nights, weekends, and holiday.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Ability to Compile Information
- Oral Communication
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Flexible employees are not eligible for NAF benefits. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
-Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
-Position may be extended without further competition.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
About the Surrounding Area : Watervliet Arsenal is located within the city of Watervliet, a small residential city which is approximately a 10-minute drive to Albany (the state capital), 30 minutes to historic Saratoga and 1 hour to Lake George; located on a bus line and easily accessible to Interstate-787, Interstate -87 and the New York State Thruway.
usajobs.gov - 16 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...