Director, Home Care & Hospice
Executive Director, Health Connect at Home
The Director, Home Care & Hospice is responsible for the overall direction of home health clinical services. The Director establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for home health and hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel.
2. Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinical Supervisors to assist them in continually improving all aspects of home health care services, provided through organization personnel.
3. Assists Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and planning.
4. Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
5. Assists the Executive Director in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget.
6. Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
7. Evaluates performance of Clinical Supervisors.
8. Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
9. Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
10. Conducts clinician performance evaluations annually, or more frequently if indicated.
11. Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
12. Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
13. Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
14. Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, either directly or by delegating to another staff member.
15. Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
16. Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of home health services provided through the Organization.
17. Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
18. Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the Joint Commission Home Care standards.
19. Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
20. Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
21. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing as a Registered Nurse. Master’s degree in health care preferred.
Three years of management experience in a home health or related health care organization preferred. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional administrative personnel.
Current certification or license as required by state law.
Current Driver’s License required (MN, ND, or SD)
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers/CB
ND-Dickinson-St Joseph's Hospital And Hlth
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...