BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
BASF's Hannibal, Missouri Plant is one of the world's leading producers of agricultural chemicals.
This position will be a part of the Global Technology Organization, headquartered in Germany.
The Process Engineer is responsible for leading basic and detailed process efforts for new and/or existing facilities. Incumbent is also responsible for all efforts in defining process, material and energy balances.
Oversees work activities for a project's process steps, associated equipment, instrumentation and safety requirements.
Acts as a major contributor in plant start-up and troubleshooting.
Provides leadership to outside engineering contractor process engineers in the work they perform.
1. Interacting with supervisor and other on-site/off-site personnel (development chemists, production management, project engineers, etc) to adequately identify, define, and implement process improvement or cost reduction work.
2. Interacting with production management, operators, development chemists, engineering and maintenance personnel to identify and solve production process and operations problems (troubleshooting).
3. Leading project teams for the basic and detailed process engineering efforts for new and/or existing facilities.
4. Preparing verbal presentations and written reports to communicate project status and results.
5. Identifying, developing, and implementing engineering-related cost reduction and process improvement ideas within the operating units.
6. Participating in technology exchange efforts with BASF AG.
7. Participating in conceptual reviews.
8. Leading safety and ecology audits, project step reviews, and Haz-op’s.
NOTE: This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and skill level.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
a. Basic process design and PFD development
- MS or BS in Chemical Engineering with appropriate experience.
- 7-10 years of combined production and/or process engineering experience, with 3 years process engineering experience. PhD’s 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and persuasion when interacting with peers, customers, and management.
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet calculations, engineering simulations, and word processing.
- Broad understanding of chemical processes and unit operations (continuous and batch).
- Process engineering leader on a major project with the following tasks;
b. Detail process design (mass and energy balance)
c. P&ID development
d. Specify all major equipment and instruments
e. Development of safety relief calculations and safety concept design.
f. Environmental permit calculations.
NOTE: Time spent working on obtaining PhD’s will be applied towards applicable years of experience.
- Greater than 10 years of combined production and process engineering experience, with 5 years process engineering experience. PhD’s greater than 7 years of relevant experience.
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Palmyra
Function: APTE - Appl. Technology
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
BASF - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...