Job Number: KFB Admin 01
Close Date: N/A
Location: Mel Korum YMCA
Job Type: Part Time
Starting Wage: $9.78/hr depending on qualifications
Hours: Evenings and Weekends.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking experienced Member Services Representatives for the Mel Korum Family YMCA to promote a positive, professional and welcoming atmosphere by providing excellent customer service and exemplifying our YMCA values. Enthusiastically greet members and guests as they come into the YMCA. Provide friendly and efficient service while conducting membership interviews, enrolling members and identifying appropriate entry points into programs provided by the YMCA.
The Mel Korum Family YMCA is a part of YMCA's Activate America national initiative that is committed to:
• Supporting those who want to lead a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to do so.
• Being an integral part of our community's efforts to make long-lasting changes that support healthy living.
• Working in collaboration through partnerships with public, private and other nonprofit organizations.
• Greet and assist all members, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
• Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Provide membership interviews and facility tours as needed, explaining the YMCA mission, volunteer opportunities, the Strong Kid's Campaign and Financial Assistance.
• Present accurate membership information to potential and existing members. Explain the benefits of YMCA membership, and provide accurate information regarding pricing and payment options as well as YMCA programs and activities.
• Enthusiastically serve and engage our members, making the YMCA a 'great place to be', and ensuring each and every member feels welcome, appreciated and connected.
• Answer members' questions and concerns regarding programs and membership issues.
• Respond to members' needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Handle complaints in a courteous manner. Use appropriate forms to communicate concerns or praise.
• Demonstrate full competency with the DAXKO membership system to ensure effective and efficient service for our members.
• Follow proper procedures for group memberships, Triangle memberships, AWAY members, and guests who come in to use the facility. Follow identification requirements and guest guidelines.
• Receipt membership, program, childcare and camp payments into DAXKO. Ensure that new membership applications are properly completed and routed. Maintain related sales records and reports.
Branch Team Member and YMCA Values
• Model the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility through fun, positive relationships with members and staff. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
• Be enthusiastic toward members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their Y experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Understand the Y's mission, goals, objectives and programs to better relay this information to members for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Professional Image and Development
• Maintain a consistent, professional image through dress, actions and relationships with members. Speak enthusiastically on behalf of the Y at given opportunities.
• Participate in applicable training and conferences to further professional growth as outlined in annual training plan.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as requested.
• Represents the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
• One year customer service and cash handling experience.
• Knowledge of YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties' Procedures and Policies.
• Demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, and computer knowledge.
• Demonstrated professionalism in both attitude and appearance.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner in dealing with members.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties - 17 months ago