Financial Analyst - Optical Systems & Renewable Energy Divisions Job
3M - Maplewood, MN

This job posting is no longer available on 3M. Find similar jobs: Financial Analyst jobs

Financial Analyst - Optical Systems & Renewable Energy Divisions-1304809

Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced

Description

3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Optical Systems and Renewable Energy Divisions and will be supporting the first for 75% of the time and the latter with the remaining 25%. The position will report directly to the Optical Systems Division Finance Manager.

Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
  • Provide Financial counsel to the organization leaders and teams (example: Sales & Marketing / R&D / Manufacturing)
  • Work with both the U.S. business team and other 3M subsidiaries worldwide
  • Finance representative on the global business team, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
  • Strong involvement in the U.S. P&L close each month, including necessary analysis
  • Work closely with manufacturing on driving cost down and inventory valuation for the business
  • Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
  • Provide financial analysis of investment opportunities, new product opportunities (NPO), acquisitions and divestitures, pricing plans, etc.
  • Develop, Drive and attain the assigned business units in the annual operating plan and monthly rolling estimates
  • Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to ensure business results attainment
  • Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
  • Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards
Location: The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will be located in Maplewood, MN and relocation benefits are currently authorized for this position. This position may include up to 10% travel.

Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Qualifications

Basic Qualifications:
  • Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance and/or Economics from an accredited university
  • Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
  • Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial statement preparation and/or execution of business queries
  • Minimum of 1 year of experience of providing business counsel
Preferred Qualifications:
  • MBA in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics from an accredited university
  • Minimum of 1 year experience providing manufacturing financial counsel
  • CPA and/or CMA certification
  • Advanced knowledge of Excel
  • Minimum of 1 year of international experience
  • Project management experience
  • Minimum of 3 years experience driving NPI and new business opportunity identification
  • SAP experience
  • Sound analytical skills
  • Solid communication skills
  • Considers implications beyond own area across functions, businesses, countries
  • Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives
  • Demonstrates ability to think "outside the box" and embrace change
  • Proven problem solver and success implementing success change
About 3M

3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.

Employment Statement
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

3M - 13 months ago - save job - block
About this company
311 reviews
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...