The Indirect Area Sales Coordinator will be responsible for serving as a relationship manager between automobile dealers and the credit union, increasing our indirect loan sales from assigned dealers, growing the indirect portfolio with quality assets, and maintaining dealer client excellence while achieving a very positive member experience.
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Negotiating and Influencing
· Business Acumen
· Client/Member Focus
· Drive for Results
· Time Management
· Priority Setting
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Conducts business development as required to promote loan
growth, ensuring face-to-face contact with auto dealership
2. Increases indirect loan sales and manages dealer’s portfolio performance, quality and efficacy. Ensures dealer accountability.
3. Maintains a thorough understanding of Vantage West indirect loan policies and procedures, as well as consumer loan policies and procedures.
4. Remains abreast of industry trends, changes and events pertaining to auto sales and auto loans including lending laws and regulations.
5. Utilizes Decision App, CUDL, Symitar and other proprietary Loan Origination Systems to ensure proper monitoring and tracking of dealer activity to promote quality and efficient loan production.
6. Completes daily call reports, as well as month-end reports for the Loan Center as assigned by the Indirect Loan Manager.
7. Works with management team on the implementation and monitoring of dealer profitability and financial performance.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience. Must have a minimum of two (2) years indirect loan experience in indirect loan originations and dealer client relations or comparable sales experience in the financial services industry.
Skills & Abilities
Must have excellent verbal and written skills. Must have demonstrated experience using strong negotiation and influencing skills. Must be able to build and manage an extensive network of automobile dealers, industry liaisons, and credit union member relationships. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel) is required. The individual must possess mature judgment and have the ability and personality to meet the public. Must have excellent verbal and written skills as well as possess strong analytical and decision making skills. Must have knowledge of the laws, by-laws, regulations and policies of the Board of Directors and regulatory bodies that affect lending.
Must comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act.
Vantage West Credit Union - 13 months ago