Assistant Manager - Desktop Support - CTS
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an individual to provide specialized Information Technology support for our strategic business partners within the Nordstrom Corporate Center.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies (IT) division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal assistant manager is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Assist the service manager in managing technicians within assigned areas of responsibilities
- Support or act as main point of contact between service manager and defined area of responsibility
- Monitor calls and coach staff based upon performance and scorecard matrix while providing training on Nordstrom culture, techniques and procedures
- Assist service manager with administrative duties to include annual performance reviews, headcount responsibilities, schedule distribution, and PTO requests
- Recommend operational and procedural changes to improve quality of service; responsible for reporting and trending
- Follow department guidelines and procedures for basic hardware diagnosis and maintenance to ensure effective process management
- Execution of assigned projects including disaster recovery exercises, special projects and technology refreshers
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent professional experience preferred
- 5- 8 years experience in the IT industry
- Ability to see the "bigger picture" and promote departmental needs
- Proven experience providing desktop and infrastructure support, working knowledge of PC and/or Mac O/S
- Working knowledge of general repair, installation and configuration knowledge of PC and/ or Mac hardware, mobile devices, printers and other peripheral devices
- Proficiency in usage and support of Microsoft operating systems including Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 as well as the Office 2003 and 2007 suites
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, peers and leadership
- Ability to participate in a 24x7, shared on-call schedule, travel as needed
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 14 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...