CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:|
- Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
- Adhere to the Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the District Manager):
- Minimum of 2 nights per week
- Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
- Follows the Playbook and the Weekly Walk processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
- Execute customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction, Survey data and verbatim comments.
- Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
- Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
- Executes the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across all departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback.
- Consistently delivers acceptable results as measured by the Location Balanced Scorecard with an intense focus on customer service and sales growth.
- Focuses and invests time on customer facing activities and processes.
- Ensures the store is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job; has primary accountability for Assistant Store Manager and Lead “Role Certification.”
- Monitors and proactively addresses outliers, e.g.; customer satisfaction, sales, controllable costs, profit, margin, operational processes, and compliance as measured by appropriate outlier report scorecard/dashboard.
- Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
- Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
Leadership and People:
- Expects and inspects retail core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
- Expects and inspects execution of client’s merchandising and operating plans.
- Provides first person coaching on the execution of action plans based on daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer interactions.
- Is the customer advocate and surfaces opportunities to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
- Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, finds ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
- Personally supports, coaches and develops team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
- Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
- Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
- Builds a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
- Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
- Understands, leads, and embeds a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
- Rigorously inspects compliance with our operating model for consistency across all departments.
- Executes and supports the client’s plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting.
- Ensures that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with company policies and practices.
Disciplined Decision Making:
- Creates a selling culture that will meet/exceed clients’ sales plans.
- Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and POS reductions.
- Achieves all miscellaneous income plans, e.g., merchandise replacement plans, protection agreements, new account generation, gift cards, email acquisition, etc…
- Achieves controllable cost plans and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
- Act as the eyes and ears of the client - provides clients with fact-based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc.
- Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
- Consistently provide a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
Sears Holdings Corp. - 22 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...