Our Specialized Crisis Services program serves children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis- suicidal, homicidal, physical aggression, or psychosis. The program specializes in working with the client, family, and other systemic key participants to assess the risks versus the protective factors to keep the client and others safe. Specialized Crisis Services strives to use the least restrictive environment. The Youth Villages’ SCS Program uses a systematic treatment model where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups; training staff intensively in conducting assessment, crisis management, in-home treatment, and respite care.
- Part-time/PRN hours
- Provide mobile crisis response and thorough, strength-based assessment of children and families in crises in their natural environments.
- Utilize crisis respite homes when appropriate
- Provide ongoing treatment and intervention to maintain the families until appropriate services are secured
- Working non-traditional hours
- Having flexibility in your schedule
- Working well with others in a highly supervised atmosphere
- Documentation that is on-line/ web-based and available to you from home
- Collaborate with adult crisis teams and community consumers
- Counselors may serve a 60+ mile radius from the office
Schedules vary and will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process
Youth Villages' SCS teams are based out of the following cities: Memphis, Paris, Dyersburg, Jackson, Nashville, Columbia, Cookeville, Clarksville, Dickson, Chattanooga, Johnson City, Morristown and Knoxville.
A Master's degree in a social services discipline is required
Degrees that can be considered include: social work, counseling, psychology, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
One year of clinical experience counseling with youth
Applicants who are provisionally licensed or working towards licensure are strongly preferred
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Counselors must have their own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
Youth Villages - 2 years ago
Youth Villages has spent 25 years pioneering an approach that is measurably better for children and their families and provides a remarkably...