Your role as a Kitchen Prep Cook will include oversight of the food preparation process, creation of recipes and the selection of the items in the Prepared Foods case. Additionally you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Support the Kitchen Supervisor, Associate Team Leader and Chef/Cook with all kitchen functions.
- Prepare Kitchen products according to recipes.
- Guides completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects, and ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Accept and process product from Receiver.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Work with all production Team Members to minimize waste.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...