United States-California-San Mateo
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Mateo, CA.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Member of a team providing full life cycle support of Linux and Unix servers at the United States Postal Service, including: installation, build, hosting design and service deployment, on-site and remote administration, user support, performance monitoring and tuning, and capacity planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installs and maintains the operating system and related software products.
- Develops and implements operational management process and procedures.
- Provides management of infrastructure and applications changes.
- Maintains accurate documentation and quality control.
- Edits computer based documentation and trouble ticket systems to document equipment configurations, track changes and problems, and compiles performance data.
- Works with alert monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol
- Works with systems management and software distribution tools.
- Works with security management systems, and backup/restore systems.
- Performs user assistance, training and information sharing.
- Provides periodic reports to users and managers of systems status.
- Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults detected.
- Performs isolation testing of problem equipment and or software.
- Performs performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provides documentation of all solutions to problems.
- Provides and implements escalation process and or procedures.
to ESX, vSphere, and vMotion.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience in Systems Administration of SuSE Linux systems in a large scale production environment.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products including but not limited
- Thorough knowledge of good server and system administration principles.
- Detailed functional knowledge of disk management tools such as LVM2, Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager.
- Functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS and DNS.
- Working knowledge of clustering tools such as Veritas Cluster Server or Oracle CRS.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex system problems.
- Knowledge and experience with shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc).
- Working knowledge of project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Experience supporting Solaris, SLES, or Redhat systems.
- Experience supporting SuSE Linux running under z/VM on System Z hardware.
- Experience supporting systems running Oracle RDBMS and Websphere.
- Experience configuring and supporting Control-M.
- Experience configuring and supporting MQSeries.
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies.
- Experience with troubleshooting Linux Boot processes.
- Experience supporting Sun Microsystems hardware.
- Experience supporting HP DL series hardware.
- Familiarity with Perl or other high level scripting languages.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...