Coeur Alaska is recruiting Mobile Maintenance Mechanics for our Kensington Gold Mine, located 45 miles north of Juneau, Alaska in the wilderness near Berners Bay. We are seeking talented candidates who are motivated to work safely and proficiently to achieve company goals and objectives and will inspire others to do the same.
This position has a rotating shift with a schedule of two weeks on shift and one week off shift. The incumbent must be able to live and work in a camp environment at the Kensington mine site.
- Maintain and repair surface and /or underground mobile mining equipment such as Drills, Bolters, Loaders, Haul Trucks and Heavy and Light duty support equipment.
- Intermediate welding and fabrication.
- Diesel and gas engine trouble shooting and repair skills.
- Trouble-Shoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components of mobile mining equipment.
- Responsible for pre-shift inspection of work areas and equipment and responds appropriate.
Employees must comply with all company policies including, but not limited to attendance, safety, environmental, and HR policies. Employees are responsible for understanding and complying with the Environment, Health, Safety and Social Responsibility Policy. Employees must protect the environment and their own safety, as well as those around them. Successful candidate must demonstrate the following behavioral skills: productive communication, cooperation, productivity, initiative, creativity, dependability.
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be frequently required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; use hand and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employees may be frequently exposed to underground work environments; outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat, potentially hazardous wildlife; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives and vibration. The noise level in most work environments is usually very loud. This position may require work on nights, weekends and rotating shifts; shift schedules may require residency in on-island camp during work rotations.
Education and Experience:
Applications & Resumes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification/Degree in Heavy Equipment Mechanical Maintenance for a vocational tech school or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical, technical, communication, and problem solving skills are a must.
- Pay is based on experience and includes a competitive benefits program. Applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States. Resumes are welcome, though not necessary, and must be attached to an official application form. To apply for this position, click here to download an application or you can obtain an application from Juneau Job Center. Completed applications should be forwarded to:
- Juneau Job Center
- 10002 Glacier Hwy #200
- Juneau, AK 99801
- Phone: 907.465.4562
- Fax: 907.465.2984
- This recruitment is open until filled.
- Coeur Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Visit our website at http://www.coeur.com
Notice to recruitment, staffing and temporary/labor hire firms
Coeur Mining, Inc. will not pay any fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring of a candidate unless a written professional services agreement has been established between a duly authorized representative of the Corporate, Regional or Mine Site Recruitment department of Coeur Mining, Inc. and the recruitment/staffing firm.
Coeur Mining Inc. - 14 months ago