Plans, implements and evaluates activities related to School Based Dental Preventive Program for Shelby County Health Department.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 51 Minimum Qualifications 1. Five (5) years of Professional Staff Administrative experience in a Health Care Environment; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Business Administration.
3. (Master's Degree in Public Health preferred.)
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License or secure one by the date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance as of date of employment.
3. Must be able to participate in the on call schedule for SCHD.
4. Must be able to effectively communicate and function in varied clinical settings and office environment settings, interacting with applicants, employees, supervisor, managers and administrators as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Oversees the contract between Shelby County Health Department and Tennessee Department of Health (TDOH).
2. Develops Memorandum of Agreements for City, County and Charter Schools.
3. Prepares and submits state required monthly reports
4. Requests and ensures annual assessment of all dental equipment.
5. Monitors School Dental budget and resources to assure expenditures are appropriated and obligated to operate within approved budget.
6. Maintains all fiscal and program information required by the State.
7. Participates in the development of program performance measures.
8. Maintains inventory of dental supplies, equipment and orders appropriately.
9. Prepares and submits Oral Health System Data Report to TDOH
10. Prepares and submits the Self Report to TDOH on Microsoft Office Excel.
11. Compiles and submits weekly/monthly reports (i.e. Executive Summary, Calendar of Events and Monthly Reports).
12. Ensures timely submission of all school reports required for data entry into the TDOH computer system.
13. Provides and maintains current listing of all schools participating in the School-Based Dental Preventive Program.
14. Prepares program statistical reports on performance, needs and services.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Extensive knowledge of modern supervision techniques and the ability to apply then in directing the work or others.
2. Ability to develop timetables, manpower, projections and ability to monitor and revise to meet guidelines.
3. Good knowledge of public and charter schools’ guidelines.
4. Self-directed with ability to work in a fast paced, professional, diverse environment with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated attention to detail in work-related products.
6. Thorough knowledge and skill to analyze facts, identify problem, make conclusions and recommend taking appropriate action in coordination with the Dental Director.
7. Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing effectively with the public and other departments in Shelby County.
8. Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
9. Considerable knowledge of social and economic forces affecting health needs and dental care delivery in a school setting.
10. Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
11. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel).
Work Location 842 Jefferson Avenue, 4th Floor, Memphis,Tennessee 38105 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 17 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...