Lifeguards at the Walt Disney World® Resort have tons of options and tons of fun!
With 5 beaches, 10 marinas, more than 50 resort pools and two water parks, the Walt Disney World® Resort has everything, from lazy rivers to wave pools, to make Guests’ dreams come true. Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, providing information and assisting in boat or towel rentals. Lifeguards may also have the opportunity to work in a variety of locations throughout property and in different positions, including Pool Attendant, Slide Operations and Marina Operations.
Certification training is provided and conducted over three consecutive days weekly. Walt Disney World® Resort Lifeguards are eligible for paid training with Ellis and Associates, Inc.
Lifeguard Hosts and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $8.65/hour for shallow water, and $9.75/hour for deep water.
Lifeguard responsibilities include ensuring the well-being of our Guests, keeping pool areas clean, answering Guest questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations of Recreation locations.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations
• Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the Recreation locations
• Participate in regular in-service training
• Dispatch Guests at various Slide Locations
• Clearing pool deck of used towels, lifejackets, and trash
• Switching out used and clean towel bins
• Meeting and Greeting Pool Guests
• Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, giving directions and other information regarding the hotel/resort or surrounding areas
• Ensure the safety of Guests, may be a first responder to emergency situations
• Maintain overall upkeep of all cabanas
- This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong observational skills to proactively identify Guest needs and ensure safety guidelines are being followed
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, team members, and management)
Physical demands include:
- Ability to swim 200 yards (ability to swim 8 lengths continuously)
- Perform work that may involve lifting Guests, in and out of the pool up to 100 lbs or more with assistance
- Lifeguard training is provided and must be successfully completed
- Previous Lifeguarding or Swimming Instructor experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: WDW Casting WDWCASTING
Disney - 2 years ago