Management position typically responsible for all aspects of managing a single retail store, inclusive of the salon. Has complete operational accountability to achieve sales, service, organization, customer satisfaction and profitability goals for the store in compliance with company procedures. Provides team leadership and ensures staff maintains store presentation and supports brand consistency. Handles store level loss prevention issues. Manages store employees and reports to District Manager.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a General Manager you will perform the following essential functions…
Conducts open and close procedures.
- Conducts business analysis that results in the planning and directing of employees to meet or exceed budgeted store and salon sales, expenses, profit and productivity goals in support of district/region strategy.
- Promotes and develops ULTA sales and loyalty programs to meet or exceed goals.
- Manages sales floor and drives retail and salon sales by: addressing customer concerns, coaching employees, and mitigating product loss.
- Communicates with employees through daily warm-ups, store, department and individual sales goals.
- Schedules management and retail staff effectively in consideration of store traffic, store Profit & Loss statement and key store initiatives using an automated scheduling tool.
- Manages and processes payroll for the store including accountability for Loss Prevention audit payroll, Human Resources sections and meeting On Target standards.
- Motivates and leads management team to consistently deliver an uplifting experience for the customer.
- Recruits, assesses and hires qualified management team and staff candidates using an on-line application tool in accordance with company hiring policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the New Hire orientation process and all store internal and external sales and product training and education, as well as employee learning maps.
- Implements and facilitates key programs to effectively train and develop staff in the areas of customer service, product knowledge, inventory control and merchandising.
- Ensures all company policies, standards and procedures are communicated effectively and are implemented, maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Executes full-cycle performance management process for store management direct report positions.
- Effectively communicates strategy and store direction in alignment with company initiatives to all store employees via appropriate channels.
- Executes Key Corporate Communication actions, updates Communication Boards and addresses weekly mailings to the Corporate office.
- Manages Impact Shrink Program.
- Responsible for the POS system and all related procedures.
Experience we are looking for…
- Associates degree, 5 yrs. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 3 - 5 yrs. retail management experience in a complex environment including responsibility for a minimum annual sales volume of $3 million. 1 yr. previous big box retail management experience and/or experience managing in a service environment preferred.
- Proven ability to increase store sales and profitability.
- Proven ability to recruit, assess, train, develop and promote managers and employees.
- Proven ability to build, develop and motivate diverse teams.
- Thorough knowledge of retail business practices in a large and complex retail environment; experience managing in a service environment is preferred.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with POS systems.
- Self-motivation, an entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional communication, problem-solving and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are also essential.
On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
- Flexibility with scheduling is required.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to: walk; reach with hands and arms; stand for a minimum of 6 – 8 hours; and lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, INC - 19 months ago
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43...