Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
- Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
- Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
- Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
- Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
- Supports the College¿s enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
- Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Financial Aid Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and is responsible for advising and providing student financial aid information (federal, state, city, and institutional) to students and their families.
The responsibilities include:
- Provide ongoing comprehensive student financial aid information to students and their families.
- Collect, review, and verify student financial aid information.
- Update and input financial aid information.
- Participate in student financial aid workshops and orientation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supervise the part-time staff in the Financial Aid Computer Lab.
- Manage the imaging and scanning operations in the Office of Financial Aid.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid at meetings or events (on and off campus).
Bachelor's degree is required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of related work experience preferred.
- A strong customer service orientation, leadership skills, and attention to detail are essential along with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard software, CUNYFIRST, student database/on-line systems, and federal and state student financial aid regulations are desirable.
- The ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
Commensurate with qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please log on to: www.cuny.edu. Click on "Employment" and scroll down to "Search for Jobs." Click on "Search Job Listings" and select job category "Managerial and Professional".
JOB ID: 7643
Applications must be submitted through CUNYFirst. Applicants must upload one document which includes cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references.
Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click the appropriate link to register.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
CUNY - 21 months ago