Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. As we expand internationally, we are continually upgrading our cloud-based infrastructure to help us scale and move even faster. This flexibility is the key driver for our growth, while continuing to present new and exciting challenges for our engineers to build a reliable service within a constantly evolving environment. At Netflix, we are pushing the limits of these technologies every day.
We are looking for a world-class, full stack senior software engineer to join our Cloud Interface Tools team. You will build and maintain the cloud management and application deployment tools that we are building to run our software in Amazon Web Services (AWS). If you are passionate about building software that enables developers to use public clouds more effectively, are involved in the open-source community, and love working with and developing the latest technologies, then we are eager to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain cloud deployment and monitoring systems in Java and Groovy, such as Asgard ( https://github.com/Netflix/asgard ), an open source cloud interface.
- Develop applications to manage deployments in AWS.
- Coordinate and scale the evolving build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams at Netflix.
- Work with the cloud solutions team to identify and design automated solutions for our systems.
The skills we require:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in robust server-side development, including Java web-based applications.
- Strong object-oriented development skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The skills we prefer:
- Ability to improve the user experience of administrative web applications, to make it easier for users to do their work quickly with fewer mistakes.
- Passion for intuitive user interfaces, and the latest trends in web design.
- Familiarity with Groovy and Grails.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair running JVM servers for high availability.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience with Gradle, Ivy or Maven.
- Fluent in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, or Ubuntu.
- Experience building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Active GitHub account with the main contributions you have done to the community.
Open Source Software:
The Cloud Interface Tools team is passionate about open-source technology, both using and releasing it. You can find some of the software we have already open sourced here: http://netflix.github.com
Netflix has a unique high-performance culture that attracts stars who work well together. You can
learn more about Netflix culture here: http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664 .
Netflix’s growth is driven by a virtuous circle of a large customer base, increasing device ubiquity, and more buying power for our growing library of movies and TV shows. You can learn more about it here: http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/netflix-business-opportunity-5854575
Netflix - 15 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...