The Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Production Manager in the operations of the Greene Space. In addition, the Production Coordinator interfaces with Producers, Technical, Video and Front of House Teams, as well as rental clients. S/he will assists the Production Manager with the development and implementation of clear and concise procedures for live space operations and the run of events.
- Assist the Production Manager with all aspects of: TGS rental ( inquiries about space rentals, conducting tours and running the rental events); hosting Internal NYPR events (Staff Meetings, Board Meetings, receptions, etc.)
- Set up Production Meetings for Greene Space Events
- Actively contribute to the creation and implementation of procedures that foster efficiency and accuracy of all performance space operations;
- Produce all line schedules for all rental and internal events and disseminate to the appropriate parties.
- Artist’s services for clients and guests, including booking transportation and accommodations, set up of the green room, and additional needs as required;
- Assist with Live Multiplatform Greene Space events, as assigned
- Attend all interdepartmental production meetings; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience in the field of live performance and event production – required
- Extensive knowledge of performing arts, music, culture and news industry – required
- Demonstrated capacity to think creatively and conceptually – required
- Ability to serve as a highly organized, self-sufficient, deadline-oriented Coordinator who proactively solves problems – required
- Strong skills as a line producer – required
- Experience dealing with the public - required
- Must be willing to be New York certified as a Fire Guard by Fire Department - required
All positions at NYPR require:
- The intellectual and emotional depth, maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the senior leadership team, colleagues, staff and external partners and provide motivation at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds
- Use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods including but not limited to; email, internet based applications for internal and external communications
- Affinity for New York Public Radio; WNYC and/or WQXR content and mission a plus
- Compliance with WNYC/WQXR policies and guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
New York Public Radio - 10 months ago