Job Category: Human Resources
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 827171-104228
Division: Retail Stores
Director of Training, Microsoft Retail
Title: Director of Training
Department: Retail HQ
Reports to: GM of Retail Store Operations
Job Summary: This role will oversee and direct the development and implementation of training strategy, initiatives, and operational programs for the Retail Store business. Will analyze the current and anticipated future training needs to create total learning solutions for the Retail Stores organization that are aligned with the company’s overall strategic plans and goals. Evaluates training programs to ensure they are providing the appropriate level of instruction and skills development.
Key Job Responsibilities.
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
- Analyzes and determines training needs and develops customized training programs and/or identifies appropriate alternative training programs that will enhance both technical and core competencies across the organization.
- Assess the developmental needs of the organization while developing and implementing programs and initiatives designed to build talent capability and an enhanced customer experience within the stores.
- Establishes priorities tied to strategic organizational needs. Evaluate and report metrics nationally.
- Identifies performance gaps and recommends suitable training solutions using a variety of forums such as live workshops, instructor led, on-line, etc.
- Investigate internal and external learning and development resources and opportunities and consults with key leaders to develop strategies to ensure consistency with strategic direction.
- Manages the learning management system, ensuring regulatory and legal compliance and demonstrates competence in current instructional practices and emerging technologies.
- Annually, recommends and develops budget for training programs and manages expenses within the budget.
- Serve as advisor and technical expert on organizational and team development, talent management, and company culture.
- Engage, educate, excite, and empower potential and existing customers alike with the same level of passion and commitment.
- Be a part of the Microsoft store team: smile, have fun, work hard, and achieve success.
- College Degree Preferred and/or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, 3 years demonstrated performance in similar role.
- Knowledge of training and development strategy for a large organizational and/or functional business unit.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills, both formal and informal with strong experience in all Microsoft products.
- Planning and project management skills to create effective working partnerships across organizational lines.
- Significant travel required.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A strong passion for technology and delivering world class customer service.
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, public facing environment.
- Lifting with or without assistance - loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers may be required!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Microsoft - 12 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...