The Training Consultant works collaboratively with internal clients to assess needs, coordinate, design, develop, deliver, and facilitate interactive learning solutions through a variety of mediums in support of the overall strategy and goals of Sales & Marketing. Learning interactions will focus on competencies such as presentation, negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, and sales along with product and procedural knowledge. This position also plays a key role in deploying and supporting strategic initiatives and product enhancements from a learning perspective.
The 6-10 major responsibility areas of the job.
1. Based on needs assessment and other data points, designs, develops, and delivers training and interventions to address identified needs or gaps in performance or knowledge. Interventions could be delivered through a variety of mediums (classroom, virtual classroom, web based, webcasts, etc.).
2. Use clear communication and cross-functional process management skills to ensure timely delivery of effective training programs and sessions that add value in supporting Sales & Marketing goals and initiatives.
3. Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal clients through needs assessments and discussions to proactively identify issues that impact sales & marketing training needs from both a competency and knowledge base.
4. Independently manage or participate in projects determined in conjunction with Sales & Marketing Directors and/or Managers.
5. Maintain awareness of new developments in training and instructional design and recommend modifications in our curriculum and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Training, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-8 years relevant experience or Master's degree and 3-5 years relevant experience
- Hands on Training & Organization Development program delivery experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior, adult learning program delivery, organization development theory and practice as well as working knowledge of all facets of training assessment, design, delivery, implementation, and enforcement; Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and keep issues confidential
- Ability to turn complex information from multiple sources into simple, understandable material to train the organization
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 3 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.