The position will be located in the Weatherford, OK. Area field office and will assist the Production Foreman with production operations of the Company's operated properties. This will include helping to supervise and mentor company and contract Lease Operators. Additionally this person will help provide pre-job planning, supervision, and documentation for personnel safety and production related operations in the Weatherford area. This person will work closely with Engineers, Landmen, Geologists, Landowners, and State and Local officials.
- Must demonstrate safe and ethical behavior at all times.
- Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.
- Must promote a safe work environment and the S.A.F.E. program.
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong verbal communication skills.
- Have the knowledge and ability to mentor/coach/council employees under her/his supervision on subjects such as plunger lift operation, surface facility equipment operations and repair. oil & gas well chemical uses, and efficient time management.
- Have the knowledge and ability to provide precise direction to company and contract workers.
- Have ability to identify opportunities for operations cost reductions and job efficiency and safety improvements.
- Work with staff to troubleshoot areas of concern.
- Have willingness to learn/develop computer skills needed to approve invoices, document daily operations and costs, prepare cost estimates, create and revise wellbore schematics, and create graphs and spreadsheets.
- Become familiar with, understand, and apply all of Devon’s Policies.
- Have understanding of economic evaluations and indicators and their affect on the area of responsibility.
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations with strong support of OKC staff.
- Must be able to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to ethical behavior.
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work within a Team environment.
- Must have a demonstrated willingness and ability to verbally communicate up and down the organizational chart.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Lease Operator experience.
- Must meet Devon Energy requirement to operate company vehicles and equipment.
- Must live, or be willing to relocate to, within 50 miles of Weatherford, OK..
- Basic computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Devon Energy Corporation - 19 months ago
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...