One of our largest Entertainment clients is seeking a 3D Generalist with solid all-around skills to join the team. This artist will create a wide variety of 3D game content, including: architecture, props, organics, characters, and character assets. The right candidate will provide innovative ideas and solutions in the areas of environment modeling, character modeling, texturing, design, development, and the production process.
· Model characters and character assets (clothing, hand-held props, etc.) in both high polygon and lower, in-game resolutions
· Create hand-painted textures for both characters and environments
· Work with proprietary in-house art tools to provide content to game engine
· BA/BS desired and 1-3 years of online and/or gaming experience
· Solid understanding of Photoshop and Maya
· Solid understanding of mapping UVs for efficient texture use and consistent pixel density
· Strong skills in translating from concept art and reference art/materials to 3D models
· Strong skills in painting textures and creating shades
· Strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to work in a variety of styles
Aquent - 14 months ago
"Adapt, survive, thrive" is the tagline below Aquent's masthead. It is also the challenge the company offers to its business...