Are you our next Surface Operator, K Mag?
We are currently seeking an Surface Operator, K Mag for our Carlsbad, NM location. The Surface Operator, K Mag will operate any position within the Refinery line, train and/or assist operators and perform duties as assigned.
What will you do?
- Control equipment and process feed streams to maximize product quality with minimal loss.
- Calculate process requirements and record data from various sources.
- Inspect equipment for proper mechanical and process operation to correct problems and maintain maximum plant efficiency.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with co-workers and supervisors.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Capable of identifying and correcting problems.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility through initiative, leadership, and team skills.
- Understand basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of chemistry preferred.
- Demonstrate skills in planning, scheduling, and exercising independent judgment/decision making.
- Able to work outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs unassisted and regularly.
- Able to read, write, and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Able to work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, and functional capacity examination. He or she will also be required to successfully complete pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
The Mosaic Company - 18 months ago
The Mosaic Company (Mosaic) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture...