Provide operational leadership, individual contributors, and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary. Reviews truck
runs based on location of accounts, volume, costs, customer requirements and private fleet utilization. Review daily orders for additional private fleet opportunities based on above requirements.
This is afternoon shift, 2:45 pm to 10:45 pm, Monday - Friday. Very little weekend OT (usually less than 3 weekends in a year), but must be flexible if needed. Position has three coordinator direct reports, and 15 lift-driver direct reports. Also responsible for directing a spotting service and guard service during those hours (two spotters and three guards).
- Communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire, Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as needed.
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations. Assist in new associate training, Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift, Have a through working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution, Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc, Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability, Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effectives use of fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- 2 - 4 years related functional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
to learn more about the company and its products and services.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
1650 Marion-Agosta Rd.
1650 Marion-Agosta Rd.
Penske (Oracle) Job Name
Penske - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading...