GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Incumbent serves as B2B Email Marketing Specialist, responsible for coordinating and implementing the day-to-day marketing activities associated with driving education, registration, and new advertising revenue and increasing renewal rates among existing advertisers. This includes assisting in the creation and execution of email marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day responsibilities to effectively support and prepare marketing messages and email marketing campaigns.
- Creates emails, including material, updating/adding images, and HTML coding.
- Requests and reviews marketing lists, prepares marketing messages, and sends messages as scheduled.
- Conducts research, quality assurance, and A/B or multi-variate testing.
- Creates reports and communicates various analytical findings and recommendations.
- Creates and proofs material for content on website linked from emails.
- Coordinates planning and execution of email marketing campaigns.
- Manages copywriting and proofing material for accuracy and style.
- Creates, manages, and updates triggered or automated emails.
- Works with Graphic Design to create and update communications and materials.
- Communicates with sales teams and support departments as necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Creates actionable items to achieve marketing goals.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree with focus in marketing or related field.
- 2 + years of experience coordinating/supporting direct marketing programs and campaigns.
- Knowledge of Email software and experience with Exact Target and Kentico preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables, statistical significances, and regressions.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Web analytics software knowledge and user-experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst.
- Knowledge of economics, marketing, mathematics, statistics, and analytics.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Advanced computer skills are required. This position requires a high proficiency in excel spreadsheet modeling, regression analysis, and scenario analysis. Intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Office products; strong knowledge of computer and web/digital technologies, software, and applications.
- Ability in analysis including comparative ROI, cost-benefit, and basic statistical models.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to break down complex information into a concise message for decision makers.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
- Ability to occasionally works more than 40 hours per week.
Angie's List - 19 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...