Project Program Management Sr. Advisor – 12001ED9
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of global technology solutions. We are looking for a Project Program Management Sr. Advisor to join our team in Lincoln, Nebraska.
· The Project Program Management Sr. Advisor will be responsible for monitoring and tracking Variance at Completion (VAC) on all projects related to assigned programs and engages when outside of expected variance.
· Understand the full spectrum of projects within each assigned program and the interactions between these projects. Oversee and have personal accountability for the management of all projects within each assigned program and step in as appropriate to ensure that each project is being driven to completion.
· Possess a deep understanding of the blocks of business associated with each assigned program and an understanding of the associated customers business, personnel, processes and procedures.
· Define and follow a process for issue identification and resolution for each assigned program that utilizes the standard PM3 RAIDO matrix (unless an alternative mechanism is requested by the customer and approved by the Client Executive and the PMO Director).
· Establish strong relationships with customers and establish credibility for the Dell organization with the customer. Manage the customer interactions of the Project Managers in order to ensure that program-specific context is included appropriately in those communications. Communicate in a timely and professional manner, to the customer and all interested outside organizations, any delays or obstacles in projects associated with those entities. Openly communicate the status of each assigned program and the underlying projects to the Client Executive, the PMO Director and other interested stakeholders. This communication is to be provided on a pre-defined regular basis and additionally as warranted.
· Define and follow a process for Change Control and effectively manage the scope for each assigned program. The Change Control process should track all material changes to projects within each program and the Program Manager should work with the Client Executive to determine which Change Control documents need to be exposed to the customer and which changes will result in impact to the customer.
· Create and be able to speak to a weekly status report for each assigned program within Project Reporter. Mentor and provide feedback to Project Managers that are engaged in your programs to ensure customer needs, demands, and expectations are achieved.
· Prepare the materials for and manage the process of PMO Certification for assigned programs requiring PMO certification.
· Assist in resolution of post-production incidents when they are escalated. In addition, ensure the incident has been communicated to the appropriate Incident Tracking personnel. Engage with the administration teams via scheduled operational meetings to understand and support ongoing initiatives, incidents that arise, and day to day operational activities.
· 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Strong capability in the nine PMI PMBOK knowledge areas to the extent necessary to effectively manage or support projects.
· Strong proficiency in the specific tools that are available and required as part of the company's project management information system (PMIS).
· Strong ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans.
· Strong ability to ensure that effective project controls are in place to monitor project or program performance.
· Strong capability at providing effective performance reporting for the customer and Dell in order to monitor the progress of the project.
· Strong understanding of the links and dependencies between the projects and other in-flight projects and/or business initiatives.
· Core competencies that are required in this role include: Conflict management, Financial management, Influencing, Matrix leadership, Negotiation, and Network building.
· PMP certification preferred.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...