Masonite is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems. Throughout the company's 80 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction.
This position will be to support our Architectural Door Systems division - Marshfield DoorSystems. For over 100 years Marshfield DoorSystems® has been the leader in providing architectural interior door solutions to the construction industry. We manufacture and supply the most widely specified and diversified product offering for the health care, education, hospitality, public/government, military, office and mixed use/ multi-family markets.
At Marshfield DoorSystems being easy, fast, on-time, complete and correct is our corporate mantra. Our commitment to environmental leadership, our focus on customer service and our relationships with architects, designers, contractors, end-use customers and distributors helps us navigate and serve the complexities of our industry. Bringing together two strong brands Masonite® International (a leading residential door manufacturer in the world) combines Marshfield DoorSystems (an architectural class interior door manufacturer) with Mohawk Flush Doors (a commercial class door manufacturer) forming one of the most complete interior door product offering in the building industry.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operation of the manufacturing facility. This includes meeting all safety, production, quality, and administrative needs. The supervisor is expected to utilize leadership skills, education, coaching, and teamwork to achieve expectations. A high degree of honesty and integrity is expected with this position.
- Ensures all key metrics and business related goals are met.
- Manages Plant Production and Quality Technician positions.
- Facilitates meetings, problem solving groups, conflict resolution, safety improvements, training efforts, design teams, and process improvements as needed.
- Reviews and updates employee time and attendance
information to maintain accurate records.
- Administers the labor contract, plant rules, discipline, and other policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner.
- Communicates and resolves conflict for personnel and contractual issues where accuracy and thoroughness are extremely important.
- Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor in working towards the business goals and objectives.
- Administers all pertinent policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintains safety supplies, tooling, and other stores items in area of responsibility.
- Understands environmental and chemical management policies.
- Ensures safety processes, work systems, and other initiatives such as lockout/tagout, MSDS training, Shop Floor Interface System (SFIFS), etc. are being followed.
- Works within existing infrastructure such as Purchasing, Human Resources, Information Technology (IT), Maximo and Oracle; and Labor Agreement.
- Uses appropriate decision making tools and gains approval before implementing decisions or changes.
- Monitors machine center performance and takes appropriate action to ensure optimum efficiencies.
- Works closely with other supervisors, on all shifts and departments, to maintain communication and optimize overall mill efficiencies.
- Monitors department and work center due out date performance.
- Follows the standard business practice of maintaining the privacy of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Performs duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Bachelors degree in Operations Management or related field is preferred. Associates degree in Supervisory Management or related field plus 1-3 years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience in a manufacturing environment and a union shop is preferred. Knowledge of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and Value Propositions is preferred. Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and time management skills are also required. A high level of personal integrity (self-esteem, confidence, honesty, and respect) are necessary qualities for selection and success. Previous
leadership experience in a team-based environment may be helpful.
Masonite - 7 months ago
Don't knock Masonite Corporation, but feel free to knock on its doors. The door manufacturer is rebuilding itself after undergoing a th...