As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Program Director for Business Solutions will own all aspects of developing, managing and expanding our capabilities and presence in healthcare IT consulting market. They will oversee the creation and deployment of custom solutions, built on core company assets, to enterprise-level customers in commercial healthcare markets. The desired candidate must be results-focused, while demonstrating teamwork, leadership, professionalism, and excellent customer service and account management skills.
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
1. Draft, update and communicate the Business Solutions vision, strategy and road map for core stakeholders and for external marketplace.
2. Understand competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities.
3. Develop and maintain revenue model, profitability margins, and competitive analysis.
4. Develop and write an Integrated Business Plan (IBP).
5. Drive the positioning of Business Solutions within the context of other GDIT products and services.
6. Function as the primary Subject Matter Expert of Business Solutions and its target market.
7. Determine partnering opportunities and manage those partnerships to best position and improve our ability to execute the business plan.
8. Identify customer and prospect problems that represent significant market opportunities.
1. Know and capitalize on differentiators, market needs, and windows of opportunity.
2. Provide input to marketing for the messaging documentation and go-to-market plan.
3. Drive market acceptance by evangelizing capabilities to all stakeholders.
4. Drive market by ensuring the proper materials are available to sales.
1. Overall accountability for the success of projects within Business Solutions.
2. Define the services to be offered by Business Solutions.
3. Engage actively and continuously with extended team members as needed to enhance communication.
4. Hold quarterly meetings with Account Management and Sales to keep them apprised of Business Solutions' roadmap and capabilities.
5. Responsible for the successful execution of the Integrated Business Plan
6. Resolves practice and process issues
7. Effectively communicates throughout and across the organizations at all levels (peers, subordinates, management, executives)
9. Maintain the ongoing customer acceptance of the practice through metrics.
10. Develop a staffing plan the matches the market demand and is in alignment with staff productivity goals.
11. Establish methodologies and standards to ensure our delivery is of high quality and is consistent from customer to customer.
12. Actively engage with the Sales team (Sales Support) to meet with customers and present solutions.
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Health Information Technology-related field required.
2. MBA or Masters in other Health Information Technology-related area preferred.
3. PMP preferred.
1. Minimum 12 years experience in delivery of IT consulting solutions. Additionally minimum 5 years experience in Practice/Program Management. Healthcare industry strongly preferred.
2. Background in Business Development or Sales Support.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Samples of written communications and an oral presentation will be required of select candidates.
2. Strong listening and observation skills to understand the customers' business.
3. Impeccable work ethic, completely dependable, and proactive. Problem Solver.
4. Inherent passion, inspiring the entire practice team. Excellent soft skills - approachability, compassion, empathy.
5. Professional representative of GDIT - illustrating polish, integrity, and creating trust.
6. Quick study for absorbing market data; products, competitive offerings, and market drivers.
7. Creation of quality, easy to understand papers and presentations.
Business travel of approximately 25 percent is expected for this position.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 18 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...