Main responsibilities include supporting research needs for ESPN Deportes, the 24 hour Spanish language sports network, which includes developing rating reports, tracking program ratings and provides analysis on national and local ratings data. This person will also be responsible for creating estimates, tracking viewing trends & updating presentations for both Programming and National Ad Sales. Will also be required to harmonize ratings data and integrate ad hoc research using syndicated/primary research studies into presentations. Strong communication skills are essential for this position.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Provides details of the ESPN Deportes program schedules to Nielsen on a daily basis.
- Tracks performance of programs on the ESPN Deportes network and provide highlights of their performance to all departments.
- Provides analysis on ESPN Deportes and its competitors to assist the programming, communications, distribution, sales, and strategic planning efforts of the company.
- Helps provide forecasts and estimates of viewership, usage and distribution of various ESPN Deportes assets and programming.
- Update weekly/monthly/quarterly ratings reports and provide analysis.
- Field research requests and questions from ad sales and programming
- Works on a variety of custom projects with guidance and supervision from the Research Manager.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent writing skills and strong attention to details.
- Great communication skills, basic mathematic ability, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred
- A self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced environment is essential.
- Ability to learn and work with multiple software is essential.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 12 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...