Functional Area(s): Manufacturing
Department: Located in Lodi since 1948, this large plant manufactures products in the Big G, Baking, and Meals divisions. The Lodi plant is a great community participant, contributing $700,000+ to the local community in 2010 alone!
Located only 40 minutes from Sacramento, and 1.5 hours from San Francisco, Lodi is in the heart of wine country. Featuring over 70 local wineries, you can explore large and small, brand new and decades old in this charming place.
Job Description: Provide manufacturing leadership to deliver a world-class operation by overseeing a technical department, production platform, or business unit. Production Associate Managers, known as Team Leader IIIs, lead, motivate, and develop supervisors and employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork.
In this role you will:
Provide Organizational Leadership in a Dynamic and Collaborative Environment
Demonstrate Technical Mastery of Self and Organization
- Provide business and technical leadership necessary to ensure both the department and facility meet and/or exceed goals in critical manufacturing success areas (Cost, Quality, Sanitation, System Utilization, Customer Service, Health/Safety/Environment).
- Establish and sustain effective relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Develop first-level supervisors by providing coaching, support, direction, documented performance appraisals, and ongoing feedback.
- Conduct regular team meetings which include effective communication of organizational/policy changes and business updates.
- Manage a department budget to meet productivity goals.
- Facilitate effective sharing of information across work teams, business areas, and functional areas.
- Assume ownership for strategic initiatives and additional duties as assigned.
- Work and/or attend meetings during other shifts (including off-shifts and/or weekends) as necessary.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of technical manufacturing processes and ensure that first-level supervisors are progressively developing technical expertise.
- Develop deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Function as a technical and business resource in areas of system operations and product requirements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement and total employee involvement in critical success areas by empowering leaders and employees to utilize Lean manufacturing tools.
- Understand core mechanical technologies, including fasteners, lubrication, drives, transmission systems, motion systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical/controls.
- Review daily operational performance reports and drive accountability in critical success areas.
- Ensure manufacturing process failure root causes are identified and are in the process of being eliminated.
- Lead or support platform related tests, projects and start-ups.
Relocation benefits offered!!
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Management major preferred.
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience (4-5 years preferred).
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Lodi, CA, US
Job ID: 51957240
General Mills Inc. - 17 months ago