Altarum Institute, a non-profit health systems research organization, is seeking a 2013 Intern to support projects at our Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness (CECAI) in Washington, DC. The Center, led by Joanne Lynn, MD, MA, MS, supports improving the care of frail patients as they move among care settings (e.g., from hospital to home). The Center aims to help thousands of communities nationwide as they respond to this initiative and move to create seamless, comprehensive care; and to build an understanding of family and frontline caregiving and forge public commitment to improving social support for family caregivers.
Altarum’s Internship Program provides interns with challenging work related to their major, encourages professional growth, and is recognized by the Institute as valuable part of our commitment to developing a talented and diverse workforce.
- Conducting library and internet research for literature reviews and white papers.
- Incorporating results of research and analysis into written documentation and presentations utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Using research findings to promote and inform public perspectives on specific, innovative approaches to improving systems and services and addressing cost.
- Advocating in the policy arena to inform and guide leaders as they shape policies that will affect this time of life.
- Supporting the development of articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Performing administrative support functions as needed.
- Enhancing effectiveness of our social media functions.
This position is part-time, paid.
- BS or MS/MPH candidate in health policy, gerontology, epidemiology, health services research, or similar.
- Social media skills, such as moderating user comments, compiling reports, monitoring mentions, or drafting posts according to a schedule.
- An interest in frail elders, public relations, and communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products.
- Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to read and summarize professional literature.
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 5 months ago
Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health-integrating research, technology, analysis and co...