About the Position:
This customer-facing role will be responsible for ownership of the end-to-end client experience to drive value and service for SunGard’s Enterprise customer accounts. This role will lead the delivery of new and existing services/programs for key Sungard Availability Services accounts and develop long term strategic partnerships. As the most senior contact for key accounts, the SSD Executive will work with clients to ensure and facilitate the delivery of successful programs; provide value-added service solutions to meet clients’ needs; identify scope enhancements from existing programs and new business opportunities; and collaborate with Business Development to maximize future sales opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Owner of the end-to-end client experience for Premier customer accounts. This role will have accountability for managing the strategic client relationship, delivery services, issues/risks, timelines, financials, and overall client delivery satisfaction.
• Service Management: Ensures that services meet or exceed established goals. Monitors and manages delivery of all client service activity within a program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost, delivery goals, or schedules. Develops and manages action plans to address delivery problems and critical issues that may affect client satisfaction or contractual performance goals. Owns the problem resolution action plan and serves as the primary problem escalation point. Works with internal Sungard departments and management to mobilize the appropriate resources for successful problem resolution. Commitment to customer service and the ability to interact at all management levels including senior executives, Operating, and Steering Committees.
• Attrition (Churn) Management: Identifies potential client services at risk for churn, evaluates the root causal for that risk, and develops a proactive plan to reduce or eliminate the risk for churn. Develops and presents to management, analysis and metrics for reducing churn including recommendations for new processes, delivery improvements, and operational procedures to minimize future churn.
• Value Creation: Understands the client’s business strategy, objectives, and issues to align Sungard solutions and services to meet client’s requirements. Develops a Strategic and Trusted Advisor relationship to identify and provide value-added service solutions to meet clients’needs including existing program scope enhancements and new business opportunities. Develops and executes a client education and communications program to build awareness and understanding of Sungard product offerings and associated value propositions. Collaborates with Business Development and Sungard partner organizations to maximize revenue opportunities. Solicits and provides client feedback on SunGard product offerings back to management and the Product organization. Identifies, proposes, and delivers value-added client opportunities such as User Forums, Conferences, White Papers, and Trusted Advisor engagements.
• Financial/Contract Management: Financial management of client P&L including labor budget vs actual, billing adjustments, accuracy of invoices, and dispute resolution. Manages accurate and timely billable client hours and expenses. Manages the client contracts and ensures that services are being delivered as contractually stated. Reviews, understands, and manages all aspects of the contracts including appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLA), terms, and conditions. Establishes and executes an appropriate contract governance model. Ensures client participate in the semi-annual client survey.
• Revenue Management: Collaborates with Sales, Business Development, and partner organizations to develop client contract renewal strategies and secure renewals for expiring contracts. Identifies new revenue or scope expansion opportunities and manages or actively participates in the sales cycle. Prepares and presents new business or renewal proposals both internally and to client executive management. Uses the Trusted Advisor role to educate clients on Sungard services and product offerings and to secure new business opportunities.
• Account Planning: Develops, presents, and executes account management strategies and plans. Prepares and presents account status updates, new and existing business opportunities, client feedback and issues management, and account performance metrics (e.g., sales, client satisfaction, churn, etc.).
Qualifications & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information technology or a related field preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience
· A minimum of 15 years in a similar client facing or appropriately relevant role, preferably in Information Technology and including technical Data Center or Infrastructure experience
· Demonstrated delivery of complex initiatives ; managing the governance structure; develop ing business case s; managing integrated scope, schedule, budget, quality; and managing project teams and deliverables .
· Must demonstrate a solid understanding of Data Center technologies, communication and network infrastructures, Data Center operations, emerging technologies, and enterprise applications
· Related experie nce with contract negotiation and management, service delivery agreements, and service delivery management and issue resolution
· Experience in managing large and complex client relationships with the ability to influence at the executive level
· P&L management experience required
· Account Management, Sales, or Sales Support experience; preferably in a Data Center or Infrastructure environment
· PMP preferred, 8+ years complex project or multi-track program management experience required
· Developing and presenting executive level proposals, reports, and project plans
· Participative management style with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Excellent presentation and writing skills
· Proficient with the Microsoft office products (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Willing to travel 25-50% of the time
Sungard AS - 19 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...