University of North Texas
Director of Development (Prospect Research)
The Division of Advancement has a goal to promote the University of North Texas through its many programs of engagement to secure private financial resources that support and empower the future leaders of our generations.
The Division of Advancement is seeking to fill the role of a Director of Development Prospect Research. The incumbent will direct overall research development for the central development office and schools/colleges; analyze, plan and implement research methods, techniques and procedures. This position will assist in the identification of new prospects, the rating of prospects and in the development of possible cultivation and solicitation strategies.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain tracking/prospect management system.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Proactively investigate biographical and financial information on fundraising prospects and synthesize the results into written reports.
- Evaluate and disseminated information regarding prospects.
- Establish priorities with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Monitor performance metrics for Development Officers.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and five years of professional experience in fundraising, event planning, or public relations; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent relationship-building and volunteer engagement skills with knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Supervisory experience;
- Ability to relate to multiple internal/external constituencies;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Sound judgment, initiative and ability to collaborate effectively;
- Ability to represent the University with professionalism, tact and diplomacy at all times required.
Please submit resume and references with online application.
Position Number: 110225
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
For complete career opportunity or information on how to apply, please visit:
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.
InsideHigherEd.com - 3 years ago