Duties & Responsibilities: Under minimal supervision, directs the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive internal and external resource development plan for a technical college. Supervise subordinate personnel.
Minimum Training & Experience: A Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, or related field *and* four years experience in resource development or related field.
- Develop a comprehensive campaign strategy to include Annual Fund, Major Gifts, and Planned Giving.
- Research existing donors and prospective donors.
- Identify new prospects from existing and new data sources.
- Produce collateral and marketing materials including case statement, major gift opportunities, recognition opportunities, planned giving opportunities, ways to give, etc.
- Create prospect lists for fundraising initiatives.
- Monitor publications, mass media and online/social media.
- Create prospect profiles for existing and prospective donors.
- Track contact reports, ready to solicit reports, notice of solicitation reports and results in database.
- Forecast prospect pipeline and future major gift revenues.
- Coordinate and manage prospect management meetings.
- Produce timely and accurate reports on prospect activity.
- Analyze donor and prospect records for trends and opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects; develop individual cultivation plans for selected prospects in portfolio; visit prospects, solicit prospects; steward prospects.
- File timely contact reports, notice of solicitation reports and result of solicitation reports (personal visits, substantive telephone calls and substantive written exchanges, whether e-mail or letter).
- Prepare proposals for solicitation.
- Create printed and oral reports, presentations, brochures, publications and other documents to be delivered to diverse audiences.
- Develop and submit grant proposals to public and private funders.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending in-service training, workshops, seminars and conferences and by reading professional literature in the related technical field.
- Create and maintain a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Display a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operate effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Supervise Grants Coordinator.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree *and* five years' experience in advancement/resource development.
All applicants must complete an online application, upload resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter. Official Transcripts are required within 60 days of employment.
Background screenings are conducted prior to employment.
Proven success in annual fund, major gifts, and/or planned giving.
Fundraising Campaign Management experience.
Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge.
Coordination of federal, corporate and/or private foundation proposals.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE SCREENED AT THE PREFERRED LEVEL. APPLICANTS MUST MEET BOTH THE MINIMUM AND THE FIRST LEVEL OF PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Additional Information: All applicants must complete a Georgia Piedmont Technical College Online Application to be considered for employment at https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_GPTC/Job%20Listings/JobListings.aspx
**Please note this posting will close on August 15, 2013. **
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...