Juicy Couture embraces the bright and glamorous fun of its Los Angeles heritage by discovering the couture in the everyday, and delivering an element of surprise in all of its designs. Famous for ascending the tracksuit to its status as a casual luxury icon, the brand continues to evolve, bringing the same confident, whimsical and feminine attitude to everything it creates. Today, the global phenomenon offers an assortment that spans fashion apparel for women, girls and baby, handbags, shoes, intimates, swimwear, fragrance, accessories, jewelry, sunglasses and small goods. Started by two fashion-obsessed friends in 1997, Juicy Couture quickly achieved global recognition and garnered millions of fans, many with famous faces. In 2003, Liz Claiborne Inc. acquired the company, and in 2010, Juicy Couture tapped LeAnn Nealz as Chief Creative Officer and President to guide the brand into its next phase of growth, while preserving the house’s playful and unique DNA. North America is home to over 100 Juicy Couture and Juicy Couture Outlet stores. You can also shop Juicy Couture in select department stores, online at JuicyCouture.com and in over 60 countries across Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Responsible for administration and coordination of all real estate activities including managing brokers, site selection, lease negotiations, portfolio maintenance, and prepping for real-estate meetings.
This position will report directly to the Co President, COO and have accountability to our EVP of Retail and SVP of Creative Services.
- Prepare, maintain and execute short and long-term real-estate growth/action plans.
- Manage and coordinate real estate brokers as it relates to site selection process, planning, lease negotiations (new sites and renewals), and preparation for real estate committee meetings.
- Ensure most favorable business terms are negotiated with LOI’s issued by brokers.
- Maintain communication with internal partners regarding progress in securing a site.
- Track the status of lease documents until fully executed.
- Follow up on individual site issues as needed.
- Serve as initial point person to answer individual site questions.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports.
- Partner with brokers to negotiate leases for all new sites and existing locations as they expire, assuring financial costs meet company guidelines; work with legal counsel to manage lease process and to ensure lease language assures Juicy Couture is protected from unreasonable relocations, poor adjacent tenants, or other co-tenant problems, and enables Juicy Couture to terminate at reasonable costs in poor performing locations.
- Communicate and coordinate with Co President and EVP of Retail to verify progress and results of lease negotiations.
- Participate in and/or lead meetings with senior management, legal, and outside brokers.
- Visit existing and potential sites to gather information on location and market effectiveness/demographics.
- Partner with Co President and EVP of Retail on administrative responsibilities, including reviewing financial statements, sales results, and occupancy costs and communicate suggested departmental actions; recommend and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Communicate with real estate developers and brokers. Attend industry-sponsored seminars and conventions to keep current on real estate trends, laws, and negotiations.
- Travel to visually inspect and evaluate proposed sites, existing stores, and competitors.
- Research and evaluate pertinent data related to trade areas and targeted sites (i.e., population, income, competition, co-tenancy, population growth trends and sales potential).
- Prepare presentations to Co President and EVP of Retail with recommendations: potential store sites, renewal options, store expansions, landlord disputes and other matters affecting existing or proposed locations.
- Coordinate with the Creative Services Team and Construction Department to ensure the smooth flow of communication and plans between Landlord and Juicy Couture for each project.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years in real estate - managing brokers, handling lease negotiations and preparing Letters of Intent, preferably in retail organizations with at least 100 locations. Construction management experience preferred.
- Solid project management skills and experience.
- Prior experience working/coordinating with construction management, brokers, franchise owners and account representatives.
- Prior success in development and execution of market development expansion plans.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, written and communicative skills.
- Established background in retail from a market development standpoint.
- Travel is required (30-50%).
Liz Claiborne, Inc. - 2 years ago