Responsible for working directly with the Director, Cardiovascular Research and Advanced Education to provide oversight of administrative aspects of the MCRN and to facilitate the services provided by MedStar Health Research Institute. This role will serve as a key administrative liaison for MHI leadership and MHRI.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Liaise between MCRN and MHRI to ensure appropriate flow of information.
2. Monitor budgetary and contractual aspects for all MCRN research projects. Construct monthly financial reports and projections for MCRN.
3. Support the Director of Cardiovascular Research and Advanced Education in ensure the fiscal integrity of MCRN research activities.
4. Track the status of contracts, budgets, and IRB submissions to ensure timely turnaround times. Report monthly status to the Director of Cardiovascular Research and Advanced Education
5. Assist the Director of Cardiovascular Research and Advanced Education in the development of annual budgets for all MCRN research activities.
6. Assist managers/directors with the purchase and maintenance of equipment, including purchase orders, licensing agreements, and competitive bidding.
7. Provide office management support for all managers and directors, specifically, but not limited to, order supplies ensuring office assistant support is available when needed, etc.
8. Implement and ensure the application of institutional and departmental policies and procedures related to all research and administrative activities.
9. Consistently demonstrates support for compliance in the performance of job duties and responsibilities by a) developing and maintaining knowledge of, and performing job functions in compliance with, rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that affect his/her job; b) maintaining knowledge of and performing job functions in compliance with MedStar Health and MedStar Health Research Institute policies and procedures; and c) reporting compliance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education : Bachelor’s degree in a business or medical related discipline
Experience : 2-3 years experience in healthcare management. Previous research administration and supervisory experience preferred. Keen business sense coupled with strong leadership abilities. Some understanding of clinical trials and contracts and grants management and regulatory requirements within a research environment preferred.
Special Qualifications: Solid operational, communication, management and financial skills. Ability to think strategically and tactically. Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
MedStar Health Research Institute - 20 months ago