The Bemis Performance Packaging faciliity in Terre Haute, IN has an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic (B).
Purpose: To repair and maintain production equipment throughout the facility which includes extruders, flexographic printing presses and bag making machines in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer's specifications. Maintenance Mechanics may also be directed to assist in the maintenance of other areas within the facility.
1. Follow current guidelines to complete and route work orders, purchase requisitions, parts availability and vendor information in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
2. A maintenance mechanic (B) will be able to perform the basics in the following categories:
electrical/electronics, mechanical, plumbing, machinist, lubrication, millwright, work from blueprints and manuals, hydraulics, pneumatics.
3. Perform work as directed on Bemis property, which may include outside grounds, resin system, and exterior of building, including high places. Must obtain a people mover, fork truck, scissor lift and knuckle boom license.
4. Take inventory and control of parts and equipment as assigned.
5. Consult with Department Management when equipment is damaged or worn out.
6. Keep accurate records as required.
7. Maintain a clean safe work area. Maintain self and work area to comply with Good Manbufacturing Practices and other prerequisite food safety programs.
8. Promptly reports any malfunction or machine breakdown, damaged or worn out equipment to Management and enters work order in CMMS.
9. Assists in the training of new or inexperienced personnel.
10. All other duties as assigned by Management.
Education & Experience Required
High school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing work environment.
Must pass the Maintenance Mechanic (B) assessment.
Skills & Abilities Needed
Good computer skills.
Good math skills.
Ability to work with and interact effectively and professionally with coworkers in a team environment.
Must be able to read, understand and stay current with all department work instructions and procedures.
Must be able to read electrical and mechanical prints.
Good organizational skills.
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, climb. Must have good vision, hearing and use of both hands. Must be able to speak to respond to requests via two-way radio. Must be able to maintain regular attendance.
Bemis - 13 months ago