Senior Digital Manager – Digital Media & Editorial
Weber Shandwick leads the digital change for organizations around the world. We operate one of the largest digital and social media agency networks globally and work with some of the most iconic brands in the business. Weber Shandwick’s Digital practice helps clients understand, apply and benefit from digital, social and emerging media in measurable ways. The group consists of more than 300 digital and social media specialists embedded in 34 offices around the world.
Our pioneering digital work for clients has received the highest industry honors in both marketing and public relations categories, and the firm was named a Top 4 Employer for Social Media Professionals by Mashable and a leading Digital Firm of the Year by PR News. The Digital practice has successfully created transformational, digital and social media campaigns for major global brands.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Senior Digital Manager to work with a team of content publishing experts on behalf of major clients and consumer brand efforts. The Senior Digital Manager will work with internal team members producing content from strategy through flawless execution.
As a global communications firm, Weber Shandwick works with clients to address a broad range of challenges across diverse geographies, product categories, and audiences. An ideal candidate will have not only deep understanding of the tools, platforms, and technologies, but really be in tune with emerging trends within digital and social media, as well as understand the broader cultural shift taking place through digital means.
· Have up to 4-6 years’ experience at an online publishing company or traditional publisher with an extensive online presence, digital marketing/advertising agency or other relevant experience
· Have experience managing issues through social/editorial, assisting in preparation of documentation around issues management: driving conversations, impact of issues on communities/communications and providing recommendations; and knows what tools to utilize to get to the result
· Show understanding of media partnerships and where the opportunities lie; have experience managing those partnerships
· Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road type that can organize and operate multi-faceted programs
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels
· Have excellent organization and time management skills
· Demonstrate expertise in web publishing: from structuring a website for organization of content to overseeing an editorial staff; from editing copy to training junior team members on content management and content publishing platforms (WordPress, Expression Engine, etc.)
What you’ll do:
· Provide editorial direction of major content packages within the editorial calendar
· Approve all stories prior to publication
· Train the rest of the team on CMS procedures
· Prepare style guides that determine tone and usage on a story by story basis
· Lead client communications for approvals of story packages
· Provide content syndication strategy and direction for all syndication priorities
· Oversee a team of junior editors and staff writers, ensuring quality of work
We are a global agency that offers a fun, dynamic and creative place to work, competitive salary, health care (medical, dental and vision insurance), 401k and the opportunity to learn and grow every day.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V.
Weber Shandwick - 17 months ago
CMGRP knows public relations to the letter. Doing business as Weber Shandwick, the company is one of the world's leading public...