Responsibilities for this position would include the following:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Assist in the planning and directing of the hotel operation by ensuring that guest and employee expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Assumes all responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
- Oversees all Operational Departments in the Hotel.
- Ensures that monthly financial outlooks are accurate and on target.
- Plays an important role in yield management for rooms and food & beverage.
- Be a key player in development and capital projects from an operations viewpoint.
- Ensures the implementation of Fairmont's Operational Standards.
- Ensures the smooth operation and coordination of the Operating Departments through their respective Department Heads.
- Assists in staff planning and maintenance of productivity levels.
- Functions as a key member of the Hotel Executive Committee and Leadership Team.
- Coordinate all insurance and legal issues.
- Lead departments in maintaining a superior level of guest satisfaction.
- Lead departments in maintaining superior colleague satisfaction.
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.
- Senior Operations Management experience in both Rooms and Food & Beverage.
- Minimum (5) five years experience in senior management positions in a luxury hotel environment.
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting operations plans.
- Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or other Business-related field of study preferred.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Windows programs. Familiar with Micros and Delphi systems helpful.
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to direct Department Heads to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Exceptional interpersonal and guest relations skills.
- Proven team-builder with outstanding motivational skills and coaching ability.
The Fairmont San Jose
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties in 16...