Responsible for implementing and maintaining the vendor supplied mainframe and mid range systems for the TSYS environments. This includes all approved vendor hardware and software for enabling the developmental and operational groups to perform their assigned tasks. Serves as a technical resource for the company and is responsible for resolving issues with the hardware and software used at the TSYS installations.
The System Software Analyst I performs assigned tasks to install, maintain, monitor, document, and recover mainframe and mid range systems. Assignments and goals are normally pre-planned and directly delegated by a supervisor; conducted under close supervision; and defined in detail, with action and results clearly specified.
The System Software Analyst I should begin to develop an understanding of his/her role in the department and division, and become familiar with the structure of the company and the corporate culture.
§ Assists in and learns to install, maintain, and monitor operating systems software and hardware through formal and informal job training.
§ Prepares documentation of reported incidents and resolutions according to established guidelines and procedures.
§ Completes tasks/projects in an accurate and timely manner under close supervision.
§ Adheres to department practices, standards, policies, procedures, and methodologies.
§ Applies technical knowledge and skills to complete and document simple projects.
§ Develops knowledge of the Technical Support area as it relates to assigned projects/tasks.
§ Demonstrates a willingness to accept additional responsibility.
§ Displays initiative and a cooperative attitude.
Four year college degree and no related experience
2 or more years specialized training or professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred. Experience in TSO, ISPF, JCL, Assembler, and IBM utilities preferred.
- Cooperates in a team environment
- Demostrates initiative
- Develops an awareness of service to internal and external customers
- Accepts guidance from senior team members
- Participates in the Performance Development process with supervisor’s direction
- Understands basic project management concepts: decision making, recognizing/resolving issues
- Pursues new/additional opportunities
- Participates in establishment of training plan with direction from supervisor; attends and successfully completes planned training
- Asks for help/seeks advice
- Listens well when receiving instruction and information
- Shares ideas and information
- Provides clear and concise documentation in accordance with standards
- Informs supervisor of project status on a regular basis
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication
- Reports issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Possesses basic PC and mainframe knowledge
- Uses mainframe utilities and understands the Operating System
- Demonstrates proficiency in assigned programming language(s)
- Understands basic concepts of operating systems
- Uses appropriate methodologies
- Develops job knowledge
- Understands and completes required testing for a project with direct supervision
- Attends to details
- Manages time productively
- Effectively utilizes time and project tracking tools
- Manages multiple tasks/priorities
- Attends meetings consistently and punctually
- Normal office environment
- Adjusts well to change within the workplace
- Maintains a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrates willingness to accept additional responsibility
- Complies with company standards/policies
- Displays professionalism in both conduct and dress
Total System Services, Inc.
Stephanie Danielle Johnson
TSYS - 18 months ago
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...