RCSM is looking for a well-rounded and detail-oriented Senior Interactive Designer to join our growing design team. First and foremost, you must have a passion for solving real world problems through compelling and sophisticated on-brand design solutions that transcend the stereotypical online experience. You must embrace collaboration and celebrate working with diverse and talented discipline-based teams, focused on what they do best, but all working towards a common goal.
Your portfolio should present groundbreaking user experiences for the web, tablet and mobile experiences (print, packaging work also welcomed) that reflect a strong understanding of the fundamentals of design and type, and the power of a visually compelling story. In your spare time you research trends, read design blogs, and actively engage with the professional design community, because you truly care about design.
In support of, and collaboration with our CD and/or ACD , you will play a key role on the Design Team and its interactive design work. You will be asked to take the lead on interactive projects, with the expectation of completing all facets of the ideation, problem solving, design and production processes. Your skills and experiences should allow for a complete understanding of current web trends, technologies, UI experiences and best practices such that it fully informs your output, while also facilitating a seamless and transparent collaboration with our Strategy, UX and Technology Teams. In addition, you will actively participate in and support all engagements of the Design Team when required.
- You must have an online portfolio. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- BFA or higher in “Graphic Design,” “Visual Communication,” or similar, from an accredited institution
- 5–7 years’ experience in a professional web / interactive designer role, producing and/or creating award-winning strategic digital solutions for enterprise-level clients
- Thorough understanding of front-end digital design (motion design and animation a plus), as well as back-end technologies and their respective impact on design
- Strong knowledge of trends and technologies in web development, as they relate to design and creating client-appropriate experiences
- Strong knowledge of UX design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to cross-device experiences and responsive design
- Experience with Social Media site integration and the development of HTML Email templates
- Familiarity with best practices for web usability and designing to accessibility protocols (508, W3C, etc.)
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS and general e-Commerce operations a plus
- Strong knowledge of current Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional
- Basic video editing/ compression skills a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Outstanding oral, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, team spirit, commitment, and professionalism
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment, while managing multiple project engagements at once
- Must be organized, able to think pro-actively, and able to work both independently and as part of an extended team
Rock Creek Strategic Marketing - 19 months ago