(Job ID: 205983)
Design, budget, procurement, installation, start-up of mechanical projects in the plant. Provide assistance in troubleshooting problem equipment with Maintenance Department. Insure all drawings/prints are kept updated, all new equipment spare parts are set-up. Maintain plant interest in all projects for which outside or internal engineering in designing, procuring and starting up is required.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Individual tasks, duties and responsibilities of the position)
1. Development of all plant projects in which equipment changes are made to achieve production.
2. Support Maintenance in troubleshooting, repairing, replacing problem equipment.
3. Review all capital projects for the area assigned to insure acceptability for production and financial justification.
4. Arrange for adequate/proper production and maintenance training on all new equipment.
5. Monitor all installation activity in area assigned.
6. Responsible for all capital projects in assigned area to insure implementation is successful.
7. Review all design packages (Mechanical, Piping, HVAC) bid documents to insure accuracy prior to installation.
8. Write appropriation requests for all necessary capital replacement equipment and new capital equipment in assigned area.
9. Assist Planner in acquiring spare parts for all new and obsolete equipment.
10. Perform other duties as directed by the Plant Engineer.
BSME or Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree.
Specific Skills and Abilities (In Order of Importance)
3. Problem solving.
4. Results attainment.
7. Project management.
Internal or External Vocational Experience: Five (5) years as a Mechanical Engineer II. Must possess solid Mechanical Engineering skills, preferably in a tire plant.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS (travel, lifting restrictions, etc.):
Must be able to walk long distances, climb steps and ladders, stoop/bend, work in a high heat, dusty environment, heavy to medium lifting, work any shift or any hours to accomplish job tasks, be available “on-call”. Some limited travel.
more than 3 years
Academic degree: Yes
Course of study/major study: Mechanical Engineering,
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application. Your contact partner: Continental, Division Tires, Dina Manzanares, Human Resources.
Continental AG - 10 months ago