Challenging Field Service Technician opportunity that values the service of US veterans and rewards employees based on performance.
Seeking “prior military” electro-mechanical and/or electronics technicians for a field service technician opportunity with a large multi-national corporation in the St. Paul, MN area. This is an exciting opportunity where you will learn how to repair and maintain both vintage and state of the art control systems and support equipment that has been installed in energy facilities throughout the US. You will gain excellent experience in the energy industry as a support technician and earn an excellent level of compensation. The hiring manager is a prior military “hands on” technician who worked his way up into a manager level position in the company, and he wants to hire “prior military” technicians who have a great work ethic and want to join his team.
Candidates who have been successfully hired in the past include: Navy fire controlmen (FCs) and sonar technicians, Army missile/patriot technicians, USMC radar electronics technicians, Air Force aircraft electricians and ETs. This position requires a thorough knowledge of electronics, motors, controllers and basic ladder logic systems used in a man-machine interface (military systems) or in industrial PLC's. The equipment that you will help repair and maintain includes large electric motors and control systems that move large structures in industrial facilities.
Minimum of 6 years "hands-on" experience in electro-mechanical electronic system maintenance and repair. Experience repairing the following types of equipment is desired (not an inclusive list): synchros-servos, electric motors, motor controllers, indicating and control systems, 400HZ systems, frequency converters, power supplies, fire control radars, microwave systems, wave guides, alarms, temperature sensors, digital electronics and mechanical support systems.
- Advance electronics or electrical maintenance and repair schools from the military are required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with test equipment and the ability to read schematics, technical drawings and manuals to isolate faults and repair equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting ladder logic systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (Hydraulics/Pneumatics).
- Comfortable troubleshooting electronics to the card and component level to include replacing components.
- Soldering experience with electronic systems is highly desired.
- Ability to work well with teams in the field to conduct repairs, where long hours and adherence to guidelines and SOP’s are required and strictly enforced.
- Must be computer literate and be able to use Microsoft Windows and Office (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to pass an extensive Background Check, psychological battery and Drug Screening
- Must have a valid/current drivers license
- Candidates must be able to q ualify for and maintain a corporate credit card
You will earn a compensation in excess of $70,000 your first year (total compensation with all components: base, compensated overtime and daily per diem while in the field).
This is a high travel opportunity. All travel expenses are covered by the company (air fare, hotels, lodging, etc.).
Power-Careers - 11 months ago