Regional Sales Manager
District Sales Managers, Office Administrator
Red Bull Distribution Company (RBDC) is the largest distributor in North America of Red Bull products, including Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree, Red Bull Total Zero and Red Bull Editions. Currently, we have 32 distribution centers in these 13 markets across the country: Northern California, Southern California, Las Vegas, Denver, San Antonio, Detroit, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, North Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami. We are also adding distribution centers in the Central California, Arizona, & Utah markets.
This position will be based in our RBDC distribution center in Tampa, Florida. Desired candidates will reside in the Tampa area. Relocation assistance will not be provided to applicant who reside outside of this area.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB:
The General Sales Manager is responsible for the overall day to day operations of their branch. That includes driving and developing world class retail execution, best in class sales & operational process & systems, and building a winning team that epitomizes RBDC standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Lead, coach, and develop a highly capable team to ensure operational objectives are met or exceeded and that sales and distribution targets are flawlessly executed to standard.
- Develop KPI priorities, strategies, and goals for the branch by coordinating with cross functional departments, to ensure the attainment of volume plan and profit objectives on a per case basis.
- Manage operating expense (OPEX) on a per case basis.
- Develop, and continually evaluate, branch distribution plans, routes, new item distribution, and volume / sales forecast.
- Evaluate total market conditions, competitive threats, and changing local dynamics which may impact volume, share, profit, as well as other business metrics.
- Collaborate with members of the RBNA Sales and DP Team's to develop and execute programs.
- Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices. Act as a major contributor/leader among peer group.
- Build a diverse organization that reflects the marketplace; lives to Red Bull's values and inspires team through effective leadership.
- Ensure the Branch Team understands and adheres to Company standards and operating procedures.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree or a minimum of 8 to 10 years' industry related experience which includes:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Direct Store Delivery (DSD) management, including proven track record of meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives
- key account management experience on a district, regional and national level
- a proven track record of being able to motivate and build a successful sales team and promote initiatives that build and create strong trade partnerships
- strong leadership skills to provide mentoring, training or corrective feedback
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being able to prepare presentation materials and present the information one-on-one and in a group
- strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- previous P&L experience and an understanding of computer ordering systems and other IT systems
- DOT Medical Card Required
- ability to work over the weekend may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink around...