Our teams produce game-changing ideas and life-changing results. A career at St. Jude Medical puts you on the leading edge of medical technology, working for a company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and its passion for quality. Isn''t this the kind of change you would like in your life?
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We currently have this position open at our Atrial Fibrillation Division.
Assignment: Summer Internship
Note: No housing, transportation, or relocation allowance provided.
This position is responsible for assisting engineers in developing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies and providing quality technical support. This position provides support and / or administration of quality system programs or elements (e.g. Nonconforming Material System).
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Assist in the identification and implementation of effective process control systems to support the development, qualification and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements
•Assist in the implementation of assurances, process controls, and CAPA systems designed to meet or exceed internal and external requirements
• Assist in the development and execution of streamlined business systems which effectively identify and resolve quality issues
• Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
• Assist with design and conduct experiments for process optimization and/or improvement
• Appropriately document experiment plans and results, including protocol writing and reports
• Assist with process control and monitoring of CTQ parameters and specifications
• Assist with and implement various product and process improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing)
•Assist with the investigation, resolution and prevention of product and process nonconformances
• Participate in supporting quality disciplines, decisions, and practices
• Participate in the completion and maintenance of risk analysis
• Work with design engineering in the completion of product verification and validation
• Work with microbiology to ensure appropriate environmental monitoring and that microbiology requirements are considered in product and process development activities
Other Duties: List any other important but non-essential and/or infrequent duties performed.
• Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Current student (completing junior year) pursuing BS degree in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
Must be enrolled in the 2013 spring and fall semestesr
Solid communication and interpersonal skills
Advanced computer skills, including statistical data analysis and report writing skills
Our reputation for compassionate care and medical excellence is built on the work of hundreds of committed professionals, like you.