The Loss Prevention Agent primary responsibility are to apply safety policies to store associates and customers, assist store personnel with shoplifting apprehensions, and recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions when all the elements of theft have been established. LP Agents will also be responsible for escorting store employees to their vehicle and other duties as assigned. Under the direction of the Retail Loss Prevention Manager, LP agents will be responsible for training of all new hires on loss prevention policies and procedures.
1. Take an active role in indentifying loss and take appropriate action to deter such loss.
2. Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions.
3. Conduct physical security bag checks on associates.
4. Conduct Safety inspections and communicate hazards to management.
5. Responsible for heightening store Loss Prevention Awareness.
6. Assist in internal investigations at the direction of the Loss Prevention Manager.
7. Audit compliance to store LP Standards (Alarm tests, employee Shop Policy enforcement, equipment, etc.)
8. Serve as support to management in dealing with aggressive customers or any workplace violence issue.
9. Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
10. Must be able to stand and walk sales floor for entire scheduled shift.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. 1-2 years retail loss prevention experience preferred.
3. Some computer skills preferred.
4. Some knowledge of video security, burglar and fire systems and equipment is a plus.
5. Valid driver’s license required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 215 local, autonomous member organizations in the United States, Canada, and 24 other...