Coordinates and supervises the activities of the leasing department to ensure maximum possible occupancy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) :
Management of Leasing Operations
- Oversees accountabilities and ensures all accountabilities are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
- Ensures compliance with government laws on Fair Housing
- Oversees and trains leasing staff on all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary
- Develops procedures to effectively lease units
- Designs and coordinates the publication of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Ensures the regular completion of market surveys, including university and local marketing conditions
- Ensures all functions necessary to maximize revenue during the summer, including leasing all space, coordinating with other departments, etc. are achieved.
- Performs after hours duties as needed (i.e., attend student functions, PR events, etc.)
- Develops and implements procedures and policies to retain residents while maintaining revenue
- Oversees room assignments and ensures minimal changes
- Ensures that leasing staff places customer needs, requests, and follow-up as a number one priority
Administration of Leasing Operations
- Supervises the leasing staff, including hiring, training, development, evaluation, rewards, and termination
- Develops and implements corrective action plans as necessary
- Maintains daily contact with staff and organizes staff meetings as needed
- Gathers and/or compiles information for required reports
- Ensures all necessary paperwork for move-in, check-out, and other peak periods is completed
- Ensures all paperwork associated with generating a lease is processed in a timely fashion
- Oversees and assists in corporate projects as requested
- Maximizes revenue along with maximizing occupancy
- Supervises and ensures the collection of outstanding rents, security deposits, and other income
- Addresses issues related to accounts receivable payments
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience/Abilities:
Bachelor degree preferred; or 2 years experience in leasing and sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and leasing documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management.
- Write routine reports and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format of the Company.
- Communicate effectively with management and subordinates is an essential requirement of the position.
- Communicate effectively with management, residents or employees.
Proficiency in business math required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and math.
A bility to define and solve problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Strong computer skills required. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email, Internet, Word Processing software, database software; Spreadsheet software; and Property management software.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
American Campus Communities - 9 months ago
American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) owns...