Cisco Systems seeks a System Administrator to join some of the industry’s brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Cisco Security Cloud Services is a dynamic, high-paced environment with a high growth rate and large number of production deployments. This position consists of rapid deployment and maintenance of FreeBSD Unix and Linux systems within Cisco's hosted production infrastructure. Day to day requirements include remotely installing systems, working trouble tickets, and performing maintenance on production servers while maintaining uptime on an complex array of applications and database servers.
The successful candidate will be part of the Systems Operations team, remotely deploying and maintaining systems in data centers around the world. The job requires ability to think outside of the box and be creative with solutions. The candidate will need to be able to take on multiple tasks and work on multiple incidents at the same time. Candidate must be self-sufficient and must have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Attention to detail and ability to learn process and technology quickly is a must.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience with UNIX/Linux administration in production work environment.
- 3+ years experience deploying mission critical UNIX servers in a 24x7 environment.
- Tier-2 support and administration of development and QA servers.
- Maintenance on customer facing production servers with strong emphasis on process to ensure uptime.
- Extraordinary troubleshooting skills and diligence.
- Knowledgeable of DNS, SMTP, and networking.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Working experience with Nagios and Cacti a plus.
- Experience with FreeBSD is a plus.
- SQL and/or MySQL experience a plus.
- Python/Perl/shell scripting is a plus.
- Experience working with version control systems.
- VMWare ESX, VSphere, and/or VCenter experience is a plus.
- Passion to proactively seek ways to improve our infrastructure.
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate posses a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position.
- Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Accountability: He or she should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds himself accountable for performance and takes ownership.