The Production Engineer provides production engineering and Continuous Improvement leadership for the Pearlington plant. The position provides critical process trouble-shooting and process improvement support for operators, managers, and engineering. The position will ensure plant quality performance standard are maintained, Overall Equipment Effectiveness is maximized while operating and maintenance costs are optimized. The Production Engineer will utilize engineering and statistical tools to support/facilitate the Continuous Improvement throughout the plant.
1. Track manufacturing performance to identify, communicate, and eliminate production performance issues (efficiency, on-stream-time, off-spec, and waste/yields) with Manufacturing/Engineering/Maintenance and R&D in order to continually maximize production capacity and capability.
2. Apply trouble shooting/problem solving techniques as required to quickly respond to many varieties of operational issues that may occur
3. Support continuous improvement activities/teams for all aspects of the manufacturing processes.
4. Develop and update all operator training procedures
5. Provide technical training for operators
6. Initiate plant Process Change documentation
7. Provide vacation coverage for Production Manager
8. Support plant start-ups as required
9. Routinely assume responsibility for tasks outside the department to ensure plant objectives are met
10. Liaison between Maintenance and Production department, to ensure that production priorities are communicated and addressed.
Chemical engineering (preferred) or Chemistry
1 to 3 years of chemical manufacturing experience
OSHA, PSM, and chemical manufacturing experience
Lean Manufacturing exposure
Six Sigma exposure
SNF Holding Company - 10 months ago
It's not a personal ad looking for a Single, Nifty Female. In fact, SNF manufactures water soluble polymers such as synthetic...