- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field (with at least 24 credit hours of accounting coursework);
- Have at least 3 years of diversified audit and/or accounting experience;
- Have exceptional proficiency with Excel and sufficient experience to utilize and evaluate Quickbooks bookkeeping software;
- Be familiar with internal controls and financial management best-practices for Louisiana state government agencies;
- Have the ability to produce accurate and accessible written reports in appropriate timeframes;
- Have a commitment to the mission and values of the Louisiana Public Defender Board.
- Review and evaluate of monthly financial report submissions from the 42 district public defender offices;
- Implement the LPDB audit plans and financial oversight programs;
- Evaluate and recommend systems of internal control for district public defender offices;
- Perform audit and/or accounting field work throughout the state;
- Produce (with support) a ‘Guide for Financial Management’ that describes the budget process, financial reporting requirements and financial best practices/internal controls for district public defender offices; and
- Undertake other related work as assigned by the Budget Officer and/or State Public Defender.
This contract position is for a period of one year, with the possibility to renew. It will require work both in the field and at the state agency office in Baton Rouge. The rate of pay is $38.25/hour up to $61,125.00 (this amount includes contractor-incurred costs for travel/work in the field). The expectation is that the auditor will work 32 hours per week for 50 weeks. Contracts for professional services do not provide any benefits.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit resume/curriculum vitae and three references by e-mail.